Monday, June 7, 2010

Daijiro Yoshihara won 1st Place at Formula Drift again

For anyone who does or doesn't follow Formula Drift, this is great story to motivate ya. It's a great story of fame, rock bottom, and then redemption. Dai, Daijiro Yoshihara, FD driver for the Discount Tire S13, reached the top of his game and was entrusted with a multi-million dollar sponsored drift car. Unfortunately, he totaled it mid season slamming into a wall. According to a recent interview on motormavens.com, (the best drift coverage blog ever) Dai was quoted, “I know there are good days and bad days, but to be honest, I totally lost my confidence as a driver. I even thought about quitting.”

However, through perseverance he overcame his fear and he took first place in Atlantic and now first again in the most recent race, in New Jersey. “I feel like I’m back to the start line again. And it’s just a new beginning for me.” So lesson learned boys and girls, keep your head up and keep pounding away.


2010 Formula Drift Atlanta - Dai Rocks Hotlanta from Falken Tire on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment