Who is Renown Performance?

Couple years back when I still had my Type R, I attended an afternoon picnic at Coon Rapids Dam, later in the day the weather turned shitty and a tornado warning was issued. The wind along with the rain started to pick up quick, my plate of steaks and cheesed stuffed hotdogs were abandoned and I rushed to my R. Traveling north towards shelter, which was 3 miles away, I feared for my slammed car and cold intake. I really thought that it would be the end of my car and me. My windows were tainted with gushing water, my car slowing being pulled off the road, and started to imagine the wonderful decorations of flowers and balloons shrine that would be erected at a spot somewhere along the road in the event of my passing. Fortunately, that didn’t happen and tonight I was on the same road but heading towards something exciting.

In the cold blistering night, I decided to meet up with Brandon of Renown Performance (RP) at his shop. If you can recall, awhile back I took a snap at one of their sick Civics at the Running Auto Showoff event late in the summer. I wanted to see what kind of mad shop would produce such good looking monsters.

The shop is just as I imagined, and like every busy car shop, chaos and lots of cars and goodies. Beyond the three cars that were being worked, at the corner sits a large working table. This is where all the details happen. *currently, very close of tuck package that requires no soldering and all OEM plugs.


From picking his brain, I can tell we have a lot in common. Not only do we have strong passion for automotive, but we both see it as a lifestyle. RP is taking it farther and applying it as one of their business models. A car should be functional, looks clean, and fast.

…there are guys that have been doing this (auto sport) for a long time, mainly because they see the movie “Fast and Furious” movie…but they come and go - but we’re still here because it’s not always about the flashiest paint jobs and exterior looks…

*stay tune for more goodies to come.

Comments

  1. Happy to see you getting some well deserved press! Im very proud of you!

    Congrats to you and all the guys at Renown Performance!

    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. although I wasn't arround, im quite honored! would you be interested in doing an interview on our cars next summer?
    -Andy at Renown

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thumbs up to Renown. Those guys rock!

    -Prelude2Perfect

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment