Feature Model: Alex Chang

JMP sits down with former Miss Hmong Minnesota Alex Chang about her JMP shoot, life, and future aspirations. Ms. Chang was very easy to work with and very experienced under the lens. Her experiences in past photoshoots and pageants shows in her poses. We could show them all but for this feature we decided to pick a few and put a bit of spin into it- just trying to have fun.
Alex has wonderful eyes and the make up artists did a great job. Thanks to all who helped.

Enjoy.



1. What are you up to these days?
Work and getting things ready for the Hmong new year Pageant, I work all year round for that. Beside that working on a photoshoot to update my profile.

2. How did you get into modeling?
I'll have to thanks the two sisters Luci Vang and Aleen Vang. As a young girl i never picture myself to be a model, i didnt like makeup and dress up or to even pose in front of someone. About a fews years back i saw the works of Aleen's photo and makeup and I was amaze.
I met the sisters at the Hmong New Year in 2008 we have a talk about doing a photo shoot and since then ive been doing photo shoot/ modeling. So Once again I want to Thanks Luci Vang and Aleen Vang.

3. I hear you are part of the Hmong Pageant-how did you get involved?
Yes I won Miss Hmong American in 2008, since then ive asked to help with many pageant events. While going into the pageant in 2008, I just thougt this could be something fun for me to learn and find who I am. And here I am today.



4. What do you drive currently?
2001 suzuki grand vitara, yes suzuki's are still around... lol

5. What do you prefer drift, street, drag, or nascar?
Street racing, like fast and furious style

6. What do you like to do on your spare time?
Spend time with my boyfriend and the girls. Shopping like every other girls. Eating out, I love SUSHI!!



7. Free style and shot outs, rants?
I hate my boyfriend's hondas cause they are loud. I dont like Loud car :D

8. What is your dream car?
Infinity g35



9. What are you excited this summer?
Nothing really, i just hope to have lots of fun and more photo shoot before the snow come again.

Belive it or not, the photoshoot with Jmuag was something new for me. As many poeple may know i dont do model/photo shoot with people that i dont know too well of or their work. So the only people that ive been with is Aleen and Luci. And everyone have their own way of taking photo.
I've seem many import modeling, and this was a first import photo shoot. At first i was a bit scare to do this shoot because ive never model with object before. And modeling with an object isnt the same as modeling with yourself alone.
Though out the shoot I have to remind myself "Its not all about you, got to have the car too" Ive learn something new that day to help improve my modeling and its something new i tried and I have a great time with it.

Comments