Report: MAPerformance and NOS Qualifiers

Besides the gloomy and wet weathers we’ve been getting so far, this weekend was gorgeous and it was without a reason. June 4th was the kickoff to one of four Midwest drift series presented by MAPerformance and NOS Energy Drink Midwest drift event, a repeat of last year’s event. Only this year it was moved to a bigger and more popular spot, Elko Speedway.
I arrived at the track late in the morning (15 min. late), and got a warm reception from all the staffs. It was great to see Daniel McIntosh of NOS Energy Drink and, also, Dan of MAPerformances- which btw, we owe a lot of credits to for coming through in the end for this event. According to him, it was pretty close to not happening.

For today’s photography, I thought I made use of my overpriced and “overrated” wide angle 17-55mm f/2.8 IS. I was a bit disappointed at first, but it began to pay off once I got the chance to move around all over the track. Also, it helped to play around with the backdrop.

However, But at end of day, my cheap, slow, and out of focus 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS was my best friend. I should have started to use it sooner- especially when I was inside the track- next time.

Sam’s LSx gaining more power as the techs at Primo Performance discovered more hidden power inside the motor- and it sure looks like it.


Overall, the event was a blast. The crowd was a good size, and I’m seeing more cool cars in the parking lot. Best of all, I got the see Andrew’s awesome Nissan 1JZ swapped truck – and boy, this thing hauls ass! It looks very well balanced and drifts easily-smoking and spitting rubber as she goes by.


***for more pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54306394@N07/sets/72157626888452374/

Comments