Off Season PMS

Lately I’ve been contemplating about leaving the JMP brand and picking up on something else. This feeling grew and propelled me to share it on Facebook, some of you responded me with private messages expressing your concerns and motivation (thanks, and all considered). In my search for inspirations and ideas for my next venture, I spent about 2-3 undisturbed hours online reading some popular automotive websites and blogs. To my surprise, I actually found the opposite. The notion of doing what’s popular is overrated, because all these sites have the same photos, videos, and same group of self proclaiming heroes and celebrities. Why does everybody think they have to head east or west for fame? I think I’ll stay here (M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A) and let "them" come to me.


Feeling a bit pissed, I hopped on my Flickr account and found this as my new inspiration. Not sure what Andrew was thinking when he built this, but my take would be: “fuck you and your trend; I’m doing this for me.”

JMP is unique and has a rich passion for automotive as a sport (currently drift). From my recollections, (I need to put my company objective and goal on paper and read it everyday) JMP was built to bring attention to the everyday local car enthusiasts- and that’s exactly what we’ve been doing. Other sites may have fancy photos and cool cars, but the best photos and cars are the ones on the track. So why change, especially when its been working, and most importanly, it’s something I really enjoy. "The kid is back" - Jay Z.


-Neng "Doug fresher than" Her

Comments

  1. Haha I totally agree With the Part of the best photos and cars are the ones are on the track.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment